Sunday will mark the beginning of the biggest party of the year in Webster Groves, and it's one you won't want to miss!
The Webster Groves Community Days celebration runs from July 1 through July 4 at Memorial Park at Elm and Glendale. In addition to parades and spectacular fireworks displays, the Webster Groves Lions Club will also hold its annual carnival and barbecue charity fundraiser during the celebration.
All activities (aside from the carnival, barbecue and Superhero Pool Party) are free to the public and are funded through donations from businesses, organizations and the citizens of Webster Groves.
(Each day this week, Webster Groves Patch will provide a schedule of events for the festival. You can find this information on the 2012 Community Days topics page, which is easily accessible from your cell phone.)
Here are some tips if you are planning to attend this year:
- Please use discretion in placing your blanket/tarp too far in advance of the evening activities/fireworks. Placing ground covers of any kind too early can negatively impact restoration of your park.
- As always, coolers or outside food and drink are not allowed on the grounds at all.
- Due to insurance restrictions, no outside booths or strolling vendors will be allowed on the fairgrounds, unless already coordinated through the Webster Groves Lion’s Club.
- Ambrose Way will be entirely closed from June 30 through July 6.
- Moss Field (the football stadium) is closed during the event. For safety reasons, no one is allowed inside the stadium to view the fireworks.
- The Aquatic Center closes at 6 p.m. on July 3 for the Miss Webster Pageant.
- People requiring special assistance may be dropped off at Elm and Ambrose Way. However there are only a limited number of designated handicapped parking areas at Hixson Middle School and Webster Groves Recreation Complex available to properly licensed vehicles.
- Bags, purses, backpacks, etc., are subject to random searches by law enforcement personnel.
For more information about Community Days, call 314-963-5600.