Crime Log: Four Arrested for Drug Possession in Webster Groves
The following information was supplied by the Webster Groves Police Department for the week ending Aug. 5. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Sunday, July 29
Sometime between 3:30 p.m. on July 28 and 3:30 p.m. on July 29, someone stole a flat screen TV from the office of a business in the first block of Allen Ave.
Monday, July 30
- A woman reported around 9:30 p.m. that she left her purse containing credit cards and other personal items on a bench outside of a business in the 100 block of East Lockwood. When she went back for the purse, it was gone.
- Sometime between June 5 and July 30, someone stole three Apple Mac Book Airs from an office at Nerinx Hall High School.
Monday, July 31
- Sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., a garage window of a home in the 800 block of Eunice was broken. Police are investigating and have identified a person of interest.
- Police responded to a reported burglary attempt in the 7900 Block of Big Bend. The victim reported that while they were home 10:30 a.m. someone attempted to enter through the front door. There was no sign of property damage and no suspect could be located.
- Police received a report of an intoxicated, possibly suicidal subject driving home to obtain weapons in the 300 block of Arbor. The man was located at a hospital where he had been admitted for treatment.
Tuesday, Aug. 2
- A victim reported that sometime overnight on Aug. 1, someone broke into his/her Green Mercedes. The vehicle was parked on the street in the 100 Block of Almentor Ave. It’s unknown if anything was taken.
- A CD was reported stolen from an unlocked car parked in the driveway of a home in the 400 block of Woodlawn.
- Sometime between 9 p.m. on Aug. 1 and 9 a.m. on Aug. 2, someone stole a purse from an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway of a home in the 200 block of Parkhurst Terr.
- At 10:50 p.m., someone threw a rock through the window of a home in the 800 block of East Pacific. Entry was not gained into the home.
- Sometime between the evening of Aug. 1 and the morning of Aug. 2 someone stole a camera from an unlocked vehicle that was parked in the driveway of a home in the 200 block of Turf Ct.
Saturday, Aug. 4
- During a traffic stop at 12:30 p.m. it was determined that the vehicle had been reported stolen from the city of St. Ann. Two adult occupants were taken into custody and charged with tampering with a vehicle. Three juvenile occupants were arrested and taken to Family Court.
- At 11 p.m. police received a call for drug activity going on in vehicles in the 300 block of Elm Valley Drive. A police investigation determined that marijuana and drug paraphernalia were being used in the vehicles. Four subjects were arrested for drug possession.