Family, friends and the Mary Queen of Peace community are invited to attend the funeral and burial of Catherine Murch and her two children who died Monday in their Glendale home. The wake, however, is by invitation only.
The funeral is scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m. at Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis, which is located at 4431 Lindell Blvd. Following the funeral, the burials will take place at St. Peter's Cemetery at 20 W. Monroe Ave. in Kirkwood.
Authorities are still trying to piece together the details on on what happened at the Glendale home. Murch and her children Mary Claire and Mitchell III, ages 8 and 10 respectively, were found shot to death in the home at 740 Hawbrook Monday morning.
Mitchell Murch, II, (the husband and father of the deceased) was in the home on the first floor when it happened. He was questioned and released, and police are not considering him a suspect at this time.
The children attended Mary Queen of Peace (MQP) School in Webster Groves, and the family was very active in the church. An impromptu prayer service at the church Monday night drew hundreds.
See previous Patch stories:
- UPDATE: Funeral Details for Glendale Shooting Victims Announced
- Glendale Mayor: ‘It's a Time for Our People to Come Together’
- UPDATE: Police Release Statement on Glendale Shootings
- Glendale Mother Was a Nurse at Local Health Care Provider
- Community Mourns Loss of Glendale Mom, 2 Children
- Children Found Dead in Glendale Attended Mary Queen of Peace School
- Woman, 2 Children Found Dead in Glendale