Police Investigating Juveniles Who Vandalized Several Webster Homes
The following information was supplied by the Webster Groves Police Department for the week ending June 24. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Sunday, June 17
A pillar on a driveway overhang was damaged at a home in the 200 block of Rosemont. A mirror from the driver's side of a gray vehicle (possibly an Audi) was found on the ground in the driveway and may have been responsible for the damage.
A purse was taken from a vehicle parked in the 400 block of Gray between June 16 and June 17. On June 18, the purse was located but it was missing $17 in cash.
Tuesday, June 19
- Between 7:30 a.m. on June 16 and 8:30 a.m. on June 19, someone stole a laptop computer from an unlocked car, which was parked on the lot of Schnucks at 8650 Big Bend Blvd.
- A window pane of the front door of a home in the first block of Sylvester was broken between June 18 and June 19.
Wednesday, June 20
Between 8 a.m. and 3:45 p.m., someone entered an unlocked home in the first block of Glen Oak and stole a flat screen TV and miscellaneous jewelry.
Thursday, June 21
An unattended cell phone was taken around 3:45 p.m. from the Webster Groves pool.
Friday, June 22
- Between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., someone took an unlocked bike from the bike rack at Hixon Middle School at 630 South Elm.
- An uninvited man refused to leave the property of a home in the 800 block of Marshall around 11:45 a.m. When police arrived, the suspect ran but was taken into custody and charged with trespassing and resisting arrest.
- A man was arrested for drug possession in the area of Bell and Waymire around 2:30 p.m.
- A suspect was taken into custody by store security at 4:40 p.m. at Schnucks at 8650 Big Bend Blvd. for stealing. The suspect was issued a summons for stealing and released.
Saturday, June 23
- Around 10 a.m. a victim reported he/she was walking their dog on a leash in the 1100 block of Pinetree when another dog ran from a yard and attacked his/her dog. The owner of the attacking dog was issued a summons for allowing his dog to run at large.
- Several homes in Webster Groves were damaged by a group of seven juveniles. The suspects were located by police, detained and released to their parents pending further investigation.