Rock Hill Police Investigating Sexual Assault Case
The following information was supplied by the Rock Hill Police Department for the week ending May 30. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Thursday, May 24
- The tires of a vehicle in the 200 block of Eldridge were reported damaged.
- A sexual assault, which allegedly occurred in the 300 block of Lithia, was reported. Police are continuing to investigate.
Friday, May 25
- Police received several calls for thefts from vehicles in the area of Crawford and Pocahontas. An alert officer was able to arrest two people with property in their possession which did not belong to them. Police are still investigating.
- A person reported missing returned home later from a home in the 300 block of Lithia.
Saturday, May 26
- A suspicious vehicle was reported in the 1200 block of Kortwright. Police checked the area and discovered the driver of the vehicle was in possession of marijuana. The driver was arrested, and warrants are pending.
- A door of a closed business in the 9600 block of Manchester was reported to be open. Police notified the owner, who secured the business.
Sunday, May 27
A domestic disturbance was reported in the 9200 block of Merritt Ave. Peace was restored once police arrived.
Monday, May 28
A disturbance was reported in the area of 9800 block of Madison. An investigation revealed it was a verbal argument between family members.
Tuesday, May 29
- The back door of a business in the 9700 block of Manchester was pried open and glass was broken. However, entry was not made into the building.
- Police received an auto tampering report in the 300 block of Euclid. Someone had pried the lock out of the door.