UPDATE: Alleged Stabbing on Raritan Drive in Rock Hill Bogus
The following information was supplied by the Rock Hill Police Department for the week ending June 6. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Thursday, May 31
- A basketball hoop and stand were reported stolen from a home in the 1200 block of Charlane.
- Solicitors were spotted in the area of Greenwood and Mueck Terrace and when questioned, they did not have the proper permit to solicit. They went to City Hall and obtained a permit.
Friday, June 1
- Police received a call for a suspicious person in the area of Golden Gate and McKnight. Police questioned the man who said he was walking off his dinner.
- An assault was reported to police when a person in the 1100 block of Raritan Dr. was allegedly stabbed and then pushed to the ground. On Thursday, Rock Hill Police Chief Paul Arnett said the report was bogus. "We sent a detective to the hospital who discoved that the woman had a medical procedure earlier that day, and she had stopped taking her medication," Arnett said. "She didn't get stabbed; it was a medical situation."
Saturday, June 2
- Police received a call for a suspicious noise in the back of a home in the 400 block of Lone Oak. However, nothing was amiss.
Sunday, June 3
- A resident came into the station to report her bank card was missing. She stated she last had it at the Schnucks in Brentwood.
- Police received a call regarding a person sitting in a suspicious vehicle in front of a business in the 9600 block of Manchester. An investigation revealed the person was there to help someone who had locked her keys in her vehicle.
Monday, June 4
- A theft from an auto was reported in the 1200 block of Charlane Ct.
- A disturbance was reported when a terminated employee refused to leave the property of a restaurant in the 9400 block of Manchester.
Tuesday, June 5
- Police received a call for shots fired in the area of Almentor and Bell. The area was checked, but police could not locate anything out of the ordinary.
Editor's note: This story was updated with additional information on the alleged stabbing at 12 p.m.