Rock Hill Police Respond to Lewd Gesture, Loud Party Calls
The following information was supplied by the Rock Hill Police Department for the week ending April 18. Arrests or charges mentioned in this report do not indicate convictions.
Thursday, April 12
- A resident in the 300 block of Thornton reported that her identity was stolen when someone used her information to file taxes. An investigation revealed that the tax preparer had written down the wrong social security number on the tax return.
- Police received a call regarding harassing phone calls made to a resident in the 800 block of Manitou. Police are continuing to investigate.
Friday, April 13
- A burglary was reported at a home in the 1000 block of Ennis. Copper was taken.
- Police received a suspicious person call in the 9800 block of Manchester Rd. A woman had fallen asleep in her vehicle.
Saturday, April 14
- Police were called about a loud party in the 2500 block of Remington. Partygoers toned it down for the neighborhood.
- A disturbance call came in when an argument got out of hand in the 800 block of Tavalon. Peace was restored without incident.
Sunday, April 15
- A mailbox was reported to have been damaged in the 800 block of Tavalon.
- A disturbance was quelled in the 700 block of Brownbert Ct. Two men were in a verbal argument.
Tuesday, April 17
A resident felt insulted when a woman made a lude gesture toward him in the 9200 block of Merritt Ave. The suspect was gone upon police arrival.
Wednesday, April 18
Police responded to the 9500 block of Plainfield for a report of a window broken out of a vehicle. However, the owner of the vehicle said he did not want to file a report.