We have reason to celebrate! Webster Groves Patch hit its one-year anniversary on Aug. 10. Woo-hoo! Party hats on and confetti flying!
Patch actually launched in the Webster Groves area in December 2010 as Kirkwood-Webster Groves Patch. But last summer, we realized that Webster Groves and Kirkwood are both dynamic, different communities so we decided to split Kirkwood-Webster Groves Patch to better reflect the people, places and issues that give these cities their unique identities.
That's when I took over as editor of Webster Groves Patch.
First and foremost, I want to thank each and every one of you who have welcomed me into your wonderful community! It is truly an honor to serve as your editor, and I absolutely love the area and the friends I've made along the way!
In short, Webster Groves Patch is an online, daily newspaper serving the communities of Webster Groves, Rock Hill and Warson Woods. We provide information specific to these cities and those nearby. As many of you know, you will find information here not covered by any other media. If it's local, you'll find it on Patch.
At Webster Groves Patch, we're a friendly bunch providing positive news on area schools, government, traffic, community leaders and businesses that you won't find anywhere else. With that said, we are not afraid to tackle the tough issues you've seen published on the site in the last year, unlike other news sources. If there's an issue important to you, we will address it. Why? We are a news organization, of course!
Within the last year, I've also become active with the Webster Groves/Shrewsbury/Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce. I serve as a member of the Chamber's Community Outreach Committee, and you will often find me at the Chamber booth at the Webster Groves Farmers Market once a month. Currently, we are working on a super-fun event planned for December. Stay tuned for details!
Moving forward, I would like for you personally to get involved with Webster Groves Patch. Here's how you can help out!
Get involved with Webster Groves Patch!
- Have a news tip or story suggestion? Call or text me at 314-409-1086 or email me at email@example.com.
- Add your announcements and events to the site. Also, check out our comprehensive business directory featuring everything from restaurants and shops to parks and churches. Own the business? Claim your listing for free!
- Have an opinion on a specific issue? Share your thoughts in our "Comments" section.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter for local news delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
- Start blogging! Do you have a passion for the arts, politics, education, sports? Share it on Patch! Here's how.
- Spread the word! Let your friends and neighbors know about your new site and tell them to visit us and share.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Thanks so much for your support!